[NAMM 2013] Mixvibes Cross 2.3 Pioneer HID Support
The good folks over at Mixvibes has just released the new Cross 2.3 update that will allow for seamless HID integration with the Pioneer CDJ lineup. With this new update, DJ's can control Mixvibes 2.3 using all of the buttons and knobs found on the Pioneer CDJ range of CD decks. There is also a cool new Slip mode and Smart Seek mode added to Cross 2.3 to give DJ's ultimate control.
Judging by the video, it seems that Mixvibes really does have excellent HID integration with the CDJ lineup and it may be even better than Pioneer and Traktor's already solid integration scheme. Better yet, the Mixvibes HID integration will work with the entire Pioneer CDJ lineup including the CDJ-350, 400, 850, 900, 2000, and the new 2000nexus. The CrossDJ 2.3 update will also allow users to enter Slip mode and to make on-the-fly loop adjustments using the CDJ controls. The software will also give CDJ users the ability to adjust their start and stop/brake times so that the play pause buttons work exactly how the DJ wants. The Mixvibes HID integration also works seemlessly with the Mixvibes Video plug-in that allows DJ's to easily perform with Video Mixing on their CDJ's. That's a lot of additional functionality with this new 2.3 update and I'm sure the other software giants are taking notice.
This update is absolutely free to current Mixvibes Cross 2.0 users, so head on over to the links below in the press release to get your update ASAP. We've already reviewed the Mixvibes Cross 2.0 software in the link below, but we'll be sure to provide you with a review update to touch upon the new Mixvibes 2.3 features as soon as we get cracking with the new update... Stay Tuned!
Mixvibes Cross 2.0 Review
Cross & CrossDJ 2.3 release (Mac/PC)
We are proud to announce Cross 2.3, featuring the most advanced HID
integration on the market:
- Full control of the CDJ, plus extras (smart seek, call locators).
- Works with the entire Pioneer CDJ range (2000 nexus, 2000, 900, 850, 400
- Easy setup : 2 USB cables and 1 laptop - no soundcard required.
- Adding the Video Plug-in, Cross turns the CDJ into a powerful audio/video
Also in this update and in CrossDJ 2.3:
- Slip mode : keep your groove when scratching, looping or using locators.
- Start/Brake time settings
- Loop Out adjust
- “Halve Loop” and “Double Loop” commands
- 1/3 and 3/4 loop-lengths in autoloops.
- Handling of non-standard 14-bits MIDI controllers.
Download the update