NI KOMPLETE KONTROL 1.8 Released [Video]
The new smart play scales have lots of new scales and modes to allow for some new melodies to shine through. The new smart play chord feature allows users to choose the position of individual notes in automatically generated scales. The stand-alone transport control feature allows users to manipulate the tempo, start/stop, and restart of sync'ed instruments. Check out the full press release below and peep our KOMPLETE KONTROL S49 Keyboard Review Video for lots more info.
Press release - for immediate release
Native Instruments updates KOMPLETE KONTROL software to version 1.8
Berlin, March 1, 2017 – Native Instruments today released a free update to its KOMPLETE KONTROL software. Version 1.8.0, available now via Native Access, includes three key features:
● New Smart Play scales
The Smart Play scale engine now includes more than 100 new scales and modes, making it easier than ever to take melodies and harmonies in new directions.
● Enhanced Smart Play chord features
Users now have full control over the position of individual notes within automatically generated chords. Set to Auto, KOMPLETE KONTROL will select voicings that result in the most natural transitions between chords.
● Stand-alone transport control
When running in stand-alone mode, KOMPLETE KONTROL’s transport controls can now be used to start, stop, restart, or adjust the tempo of clock-based instruments such as REAKTOR Blocks.
Additionally, the update provides enhanced integration with the MASCHINE plug-in: Pressing REC on the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard now arms MASCHINE itself, enabling users to record directly into the sequencer.
To receive the update, KOMPLETE KONTROL users should log into Native Access and install version 1.8 from the Available Updates tab. The download is 175 MB for macOS users, and 188 MB for Windows users. Native Access can be downloaded for free at:
In addition to the above features, KOMPLETE KONTROL 1.8 addresses several known bugs:
● Fixed issue where Chord Type > Octave played an incorrect interval with certain scales
● Fixed Windows issue where KOMPLETE KONTROL’s hardware service would not restart after installation under certain circumstances
● Fixed issue where automation strings would be displayed as 0-1 in hosts under certain circumstances
● Fixed macOS issue where KOMPLETE KONTROL could be started in 32-bit mode
● Fixed issue where the Arpeggiator could trigger Control Keys when loading a module via the Plug-in menu
The KOMPLETE KONTROL 1.8 update is free for existing users and available via native access.
Additional information on KOMPLETE KONTROL is available at: