[Video] Pioneer DJM-750 Mixer Announced
Pioneer DJ division has just announced their newest DJ mixer in the professional "DJM" line dubbed the Pioneer DJM-750. This new four-channel mixer has a built in 4-in/4-out USB soundcard and a host of effects options such as the brand new Boost Color FX, the Sound Color FX, and the Beat FX which can be combined to create over 100 types of effects for even more creative options.
The Pioneer DJM-750 reminds me of a trimmed down DJM-850 with the same internal 4-in/4-out soundcard and similar layout and design. Check out our Pioneer DJM-850 Review for reference. The DJM-750 does not have the same Traktor Scratch Certification as the DJM-850, so its likely (to me anyway) that Traktor will start focusing on their own mixer lineup going forward (Traktor Kontrol Z4?). The DJM-750 should still be capable of DVS timecode playback on other DJ software and the mixer also sends all MIDI data to the computer via USB. The DJM-750 also only has one Sound Color FX knob while the DJM-850 has a knob for each individual channel.
The DJM-750 does have the new Boost Color FX which enables users to change the parameter of an effect with the varying rotation speed of the integrated controller knob. The degree of the selected effect is intensified (i.e. increase cut rate) the faster the knob is turned. The DJM-750 also has all of the Beat Effects found on the 850 and the Sound Color FX can be combined to create over 100 different effects for the DJ to remix with.
The Pioneer DJM-750 will be available in June in black (DJM-750-K) or silver (DJM-750-S) for the retail price of about $1200. Check out the press release below and stay tuned as we'll definitely get one in the DJbooth.net lab for the full video and written review treatment.
PIONEER EXPANDS DJ CREATIVITY WITH A TWIST OF A KNOB
New DJM-750 4-Channel Digital DJ Mixer Offers More Effects and Connectivity Options
LONG BEACH, Calif. (April 9, 2013) – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division continues to offer DJs of all levels the ability to create a wide spectrum of music and mixing arrangements with the introduction of its new DJM-750 4-channel digital DJ mixer. Offering superior sound quality and a professional control layout, the feature rich DJM-750 includes a built-in high performance USB sound card and the industry’s first Boost Color FX feature, which enables users to change the intensity of various effects with the rotation of the built-in effects knob.
“Pioneer has always been about designing DJ products that encourage users to explore their creativity,” said David Arevalo, senior marketing manager, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “The new DJM-750 offers endless effects with its Boost Color FX and Sound Color FX features.
Multitude of Features
• Boost Color FX – The new Boost Color FX enables users to change the parameter of an effect with the varying rotation speed of the integrated controller knob. The degree of the selected effect is intensified (i.e. increase cut rate) the faster the knob is turned. The Boost Color FX knob can work on any of the integrated mixer effects and the feature includes four different types of effects, Filter, Crush, Noise and Jet.
• Sound Color FX – The Sound Color FX offers four types of effects (Filter, Crush, Noise, Jet) for more creative mixing options. Users also have the ability to switch between Sound Color FX and Boost Color FX to match the music playing.
• Beat Effect – The Beat Effect function presents 13 different types of effects (Delay, Echo, Spiral, Reverb, Trans, Filter, Flanger, Phaser, Robot, Vinyl Brake
, Slip Roll, Roll, and Reverse Roll) that can be combined with Boost Color FX and Sound Color FX to create more than 100 types of effects for extremely original remixes.
Superior Sound Quality
• 24bit/96kHz High-Performance USB Sound Card – The DJM-750 4-channel digital DJ mixer is designed with a built-in USB sound card that enables simultaneous input-output of stereo signals for up to four inputs/outputs with no deterioration in sound quality.
o The sound card supports three different sampling rates (96kHz/48kHz/44.1kHz) and ASIO/Core Audio standards, ideal for DJ play and music recording and production.
o USB port, located on top of the mixer, enables quick connection of devices.
o The signal output path from the mixer can be easily modified using its setup tool via a computer.
• Sound Quality Design – The mixer produces clear and powerful audio using high quality components such as a 32-bit digital signal processor (DSP) and SEND/RETURN circuit parts, as well as a low-jitter crystal oscillator installed in the clock of its audio circuits, to deliver the most precise audio signals and accurate audio reproduction.
• Information from operation of the device’s knobs and buttons is transmitted to external DJ software and effectors, etc. as a MIDI4 signal, with a “Full Ensemble MIDI” function built in to enable simultaneous control of this device and other external devices.
• Each channel is equipped with a switch-type 3-band equalizer (+6dB to -26dB) and 3-band isolator (+6dB to -∞dB).
• Channel fader knobs and cross-fader knobs offer a “P-LOCK Fader Cap” applying a lock function to guard against accidental disconnection of knobs.
• Auto Standby automatically senses active operation and the presence of input signals, switching to standby mode when a long period of input is not detected.
The DJM-750-K (black) and DJM-750-S (silver) are both available in June with a suggested retail price of $1,199.00.