Numark TTX-1 Review
The TTX is Numark’s attempt to uproot the Technics SL series from its position at the top of the turntable market. The TTX takes the turntable to new heights with added features such as a built in BPM Counter and the option of switching between the included straight and S-shaped tonearms.
Numark's new flagship turntable is a high quality product that delivers great performance and offers unique features not found in any other turntable. First of all, Numark stressed the basics, giving the TTX-1 turntable a higher torque motor than the SL-1200s. The TTx-1's pitch control is also extremely accurate. In terms of construction, the Numark TTX-1 turntable is made of a Solid core steel top and a hard rubber base, making it even heavier than the SL-1200s. After stressing the essentials, Numark moved on to giving the TTX-1 some extra features sure please any DJ. The most unique of which is the interchangable pitch fader and button cartidges, which allow the deck to be set up for club or battle style. The TTX-1 also has an on-board BPM counter and a key lock which maintains the key while changing the tempo. Lastly the detachable power and audio connections make replacing these parts simple.
OVERALL SCORE: 9/10
Features & Specs
- Direct Drive ultra-high torque motor (+3.7kg/cm peak)
- Interchangable Tonearm System (includes both S-shaped and straight tonearms)
- Onboard BPM counter
- Interchangable pitch fader and button cartridges
- +/- 10, 20, and 50% selectable pitch ranges
- Key lock maintains key while changing the tempo
- Plays at 33, 45, and 78 RPM
- Reverse Mode option
- Detachable power and audio connections for easy replacment
- Solid-core steel top and rubber base