Pioneer HDJ-2000 Headphones Review
The Pioneer HDJ-2000 headphones are the top-of-the-line Premier DJ Headphones which promise to provide users with high sound quality, superb build quality, and almost every feature that a professional or performing DJ would want or need out of their best headphones.
Pioneer HDJ-2000 Written Review
By: Steven Williams (Williams.Steven2722@gmail.com)
The Pioneer HDJ-2000 are currently at the very top of the Pioneer professional DJ headphone range and in terms of looks, comfort, functionality and clarity, money can’t buy much better. These headphones can handle just about anything you can throw at them whether you’re in the studio, in the club, or just relaxing at home.
The most important feature is the sound quality and the HDJ-2000 has this in abundance. From the deepest bass notes to the highest treble notes perfect sound is produced thanks to the 50mm dome driver units and high-flux magnets with no distortion even under frightening conditions, and can handle a deafening 3,500 mW all night long (however that’s not recommended). The design of the headphones means that resonance is non-existent, while the responsiveness is raised higher than ever for the really deep bass notes, due to a 1.5 mm voice coil and a 38 micrometers diaphragm which might not mean much but towers over the models lower down the range.
In the club it can be hard to monitor you’re sounds because of the background music, but the HDJ-2000 importantly create a tight seal round your ears so you can precisely control you’re mixing. In addition to this the pads are protein leather covered with a low-rebound urethane meaning a better and tighter fit and more comfy than ever which is very important if you’re Djing the whole night.
A common feature in recent headphones design, the 90 degree swivel ear cups that are employed on the HDJ-2000; useful for the DJ who prefers ‘on-shoulder’ style. For more monitoring versatility the headphones Mono/Stereo switch which works very well for single ear use.
For added convenience the Pioneer HDJ-2000 can be folded up and have a removable mini XLR connector for compact transportation.
In addition to the headphones you receive a gold plated 6.3mm 3P plug adapter and carrying bag in the set.
Pros & Cons
- Stereo/Mono switch
- Up to 3,500 mW input
- Tight comfortable ear seal
- Thick diaphragm and long voice coil
- High resolution 50mm dome driver units
- High flux magnets
- 6.3 mm gold plated threaded type plug adapter and carrying bad included
- Gig proof solid metal frame
- Removable mini XLR connector
- The ear pads don’t quite swivel 90-degree, probably due to its metal frame
Features & Specs
Other DJ Features:
• Folding headphone: It folds into a compact configuration for easy carrying.
• Carry pouch: It comes with a pouch for carrying.
• Swivel mechanism: The housing turns 90 degrees for more convenient single-ear, on-shoulder, and various other monitoring styles. It automatically goes back to the original position after it is swiveled.
• Click mechanism: It clicks into place to prevent inadvertent rotation or folding of the headphones during use.
• MONO/STEREO switch: Ensures monitoring even with single-ear monitoring.