Technics SL-1200 MK2 Review
A classic table used by many of the top DJs in the business. Great for any type of DJ. A powerful quartz direct drive allows quick start up times. An aluminum diecast and a hard rubber base makes this table heavy, durable, and able to absorb moderate vibrations.
A favorite among DJ's for decades, the Technics SL-1200 MKII turntable is famous for is durability, performance, and professional look. The Sl-1200 MKII's high price tag is jutified by its excellent performance in every category important to a DJ. Its high torque direct drive motor allows quick startup and slowdown times. Its +/-8 pitch control is about at reliable as you can find. And finally, in terms of durability, the Sl-1200 MKII is about as sturdy as you can get, able to withstand just about any punishment you can throw out at it. Trusted by DJ's for over 25 years, the Technics SL-1200 MKII turntable is well worth its steep price tag.
Features & Specs
- Quartz Synthesizer Direct Drive
- Quartz locked +/- 8% pitch adjustment
- Aluminum Diecast cabinet
- Heavy Rubber base able to absorb vibrations
- Wow & flutter 0.025% WRMS, +/- 0.035 & peak
- Rumble of -78dB
- High Torque motor (1.5kg(cm)) allows quick start-ups
- Low mass S-shaped tonearm with height adjustment
- Weight of 24lbs (11kg)