Best known for flipping and recontextualizing others' beats and vocals, Girl Talk is going in a more traditional direction with his latest project. The Broken Ankles EP finds the Pittsburgh-based mash-up producer cooking up sampled instrumentals to back the street-certified bars of Philly neighbor and longtime Booth fave Freeway. It is Freeway's first release since 2012's Diamond in the Ruff, and Girl Talk's first since 2010's All Day.
Waka Flocka-assisted lead single "Tolerated," featured on our pages along with the blood-spattered official visuals, offers a taste of the turnt-up material in store on the six-track EP, which also boasts appearances by Jadakiss ("I Can Hear Sweat") and Young Chris. All boardwork, of course, comes courtesy of Girl Talk.
Written by richard on Apr 08, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.