South Florida hip-hop groups Miami Beat Wave, ¡MAYDAY! and ArtOfficial have come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners their first joint digital release, the Neighbors street album.
This all-star collaborative project, which carries both a figurative (musical) and literal (zip code) meaning, features 11 original tracks from the above-mentioned crews, including featured cut "WATTUP?!" as well as the project's reader-approved lead single and title track.
Guests Garcia, Katie DiCiccio and Skam2? make guest appearances throughout the set, which is produced by members of all three collectives. Brandon Toledo and DaVincci (for MBW) and Bernz (of ¡MAYDAY!) created the hard drums and samples, which were then mixed with NonMS' (of ¡MAYDAY!) percussion work, and the bass and keys flavoring of Ralph and Danny Keys.
Fans can also check out Miami Beat Wave &¡MAYDAY! &ArtOfficial's previous albums: Layne Harper & Miami Beat Wave - Beyond Category 2 | ArtOfficial - Knives EP | ¡MAYDAY! & MURS - ¡MursDay!
Written by richard on Feb 27, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Life [Premiere]" (2010)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.