The DJBooth is proud to present the fourth entry in Re-Produced, an exclusive series in which three hand-selected beatsmiths each put their own spin on a record by a reader-approved artist. The latest EP in the series is based around “Fly Away,” by Brooklyn underground veteran Talib Kweli. A reader-acclaimed single off Attack the Block, the mixtape prelude to 2013 studio album Prisoner of Consciousness, the original cut features boardwork by Crada. In addition to the original record, this four-track EP includes exclusive re-productions by Apollo Brown, Shoden!1 and Willie B. (of Digi+Phonics). Click each beatsmith’s name to read his exclusive producer profile.
Previous Re-Produced projects from Tech N9ne, Torae and Freeway are still available in the Booth for free streaming and download. Keep it locked for further details on the next EP in the series, which will feature Gary, Indiana phenom Freddie Gibbs.
Fans can also check out Talib Kweli &Apollo Brown &Shoden1! &Willie B. (of Digi+Phonics)'s previous albums: Ras Kass & Apollo Brown - Blasphemy | Talib Kweli - Gravitas | Talib Kweli - Prisoner of Conscious
Stream Fly Away (Re-Produced) EP
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.