This past December, while performing in several cities throughout the Midwest, Booth regular The Kid Daytona met DJ/producer DJ Ozone. Sometime later, in a downtown hotel room in Chicago, the two had a discussion about the love that the Bronx native has for the City of Win, which ended up sparking the creation of a free
mixtape album. The appropriately titled Runnin' With The Bulls, which includes Booth-approved cuts "Like This" and "No Reason," is a "musical statement" according to Daytona. "I just feel like the perception on NYC emcees is that we don't show love to other emerging artists."
Joining the Freestyle Series alum on Runnin are a Who's Who of Midwest talent, including Chance The Rapper, GLC, Naledge and YP. Local producers also get into the act with a list that includes 183rd Music, Chuck Inglish, Marcè Reazon, Wes P Beats and more.
Fans can also check out Daytona's previous albums: The Kid Daytona - Savoir Faire | The Kid Daytona - Summer Games: The Kid with the Golden Pen
Written by DJ Z on Apr 17, 2013
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.