DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
For years now DJ Whoo Kid has been one of hip-hop's most recognizable faces behind the turntables, serving as one of G-Unit's go to turntablists, a tour DJ for 50 Cent, a host of his own Shade 45 radio show, and a widely demanded live show DJ. You'd think such an accomplished DJ would have an incredibly elaborate set-up, right? Wrong.
“I keep everything simple when it comes to pre-recording my Shade 45 show or knocking out an artist's mixtape," says Whoo Kid. "My equipment is used for both, and I had to make things easy due to my incredible travel schedule.”
Since our roots were and will always be in the Booth, it was only right that we teamed up with the good folks at Green Label to interview Whoo Kid on his essential DJ set-up. From the trusty old Tascam CD-RW700 he uses to record to Serato and Pioneer CDJ 2000s he uses to mix, this is a rare look at exactly how one of the world's biggest DJs puts in work. Watch and learn.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/22/14
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.