Legendary MC Rakim to Release “Live, Lost & Found” on March 4
New York, NY -- Legendary lyricist Rakim is set to release a brand new album titled Live, Lost & Found on March 4th, 2008. Live, Lost & Found features four previously unreleased tracks, including the new single “It’s Nothing,” as well as an additional 17 tracks of classic Rakim material performed live.
Rakim is near-universally acknowledged as one of the greatest MCs — perhaps the greatest — of all time within the hip-hop community. His flow is smooth and liquid, inflected with jazz rhythms and carried off with an effortless cool that makes it sound as though he’s not even breaking a sweat.
After teaming up with Queens DJ Eric B. in 1986, Rakim recorded a string of classic material like “Eric B. Is President,” “I Ain't No Joke” and “Paid in Full.” The duo’s first two full-length albums, 1987’s Paid in Full and 1988’s Follow the Leader, are still regarded as all-time hip-hop classics; Rakim’s work set out a blueprint for other, similarly progressive-minded MCs to follow, and helped ensure that even after the rise of other fertile scenes around the country, East Coast rap would maintain a reputation as the center of innovative lyrical technique.
Written by DJ Z on 02/27/08
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.