Legendary MC Rakim to Release “Live, Lost & Found” on March 4
New York, NY -- Legendary lyricist Rakim is set to release a brand new album titled Live, Lost & Found on March 4th, 2008. Live, Lost & Found features four previously unreleased tracks, including the new single “It’s Nothing,” as well as an additional 17 tracks of classic Rakim material performed live.
Rakim is near-universally acknowledged as one of the greatest MCs — perhaps the greatest — of all time within the hip-hop community. His flow is smooth and liquid, inflected with jazz rhythms and carried off with an effortless cool that makes it sound as though he’s not even breaking a sweat.
After teaming up with Queens DJ Eric B. in 1986, Rakim recorded a string of classic material like “Eric B. Is President,” “I Ain't No Joke” and “Paid in Full.” The duo’s first two full-length albums, 1987’s Paid in Full and 1988’s Follow the Leader, are still regarded as all-time hip-hop classics; Rakim’s work set out a blueprint for other, similarly progressive-minded MCs to follow, and helped ensure that even after the rise of other fertile scenes around the country, East Coast rap would maintain a reputation as the center of innovative lyrical technique.
Written by DJ Z on 02/27/08
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.