Pimp C “Pimpalation” Debuts at #1
Houston, TX - "The Pimp Is Free" is the Intro to Pimp C's Rap-A-Lot album 'The Pimpalation" , with the best sample use of the Tom Petty classic "Free Falling" possible on Track 2 as Pimp let's us all know exactly how he feels about being back. Pimp C certainly has come back, with a vengeance with this album; charting at #1 and #2 on the R&B/Hip-Hop and Billboard Hot 200 charts respectively, with its first week's sales. Fan's of Pimp C have waited four long years for some more heat from this Houston legend and he has given them sixteen tracks full of the classic Port Arthur style that has earned him the monikers of 'pioneer' and Underground King.
Each track on this compilation features some of the best that the South has to offer with names like Lil Keke, Jazze Pha, Scarface, Chamillionaire, 8-Ball & MJG, Trae, Jagged Edge, Z-Ro, Ali & Gipp and of course Bun B all making appearances at the mic with their boy. The production is definitely mostly classic Texas with turns at the boards being taken by Mike Dean, Cory Mo, Clay D, Mr. Lee and of course Pimp C himself with some Jazze Pha and Mannie Fresh thrown in for good measure.
The album is Executive Produced by none other than the king of Rap-A-Lot, J Prince himself; along with Pimp C, as if anyone else could have done the job. (insert a quote from J if you like). It's debut follows on the heels of similar debuts by legends Bun B and Scarface and is bound to reach the classic status of other Rap-A-Lot noteds like Geto Boys, Devin the Dude, Z-Ro and The Luniz. If you don't pick one up, you are bound to hear it anyway - banging from a stereo near you.
Written by DJ Z on 07/20/06
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.