Previously heard handling production on joints by Buff1 (10,000) and Bun B (The Life), Mello Music Group beatsmith 14KT steps into the solo spotlight with new single PAID, his first Booth feature as a headliner. Here, the Michigan native’s glittering keys and chopped vocal samples set the stage for breathless bars from Cali underground phenom (and longtime DJBooth fave) Blu. Like what you’re hearing? PAID is just the beginning of the dope material to be found on 14KT’s Nickel & Dimed LP. Boasting guest appearances from Black Milk, JMSN and more, the project is available now available for digital purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/27/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slo Swerve " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.