Previously heard handling production on joints by Buff1 (10,000) and Bun B (The Life), Mello Music Group beatsmith 14KT steps into the solo spotlight with new single PAID, his first Booth feature as a headliner. Here, the Michigan native’s glittering keys and chopped vocal samples set the stage for breathless bars from Cali underground phenom (and longtime DJBooth fave) Blu. Like what you’re hearing? PAID is just the beginning of the dope material to be found on 14KT’s Nickel & Dimed LP. Boasting guest appearances from Black Milk, JMSN and more, the project is available now available for digital purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/27/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slo Swerve " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.