While you probably spent your weekend mornings nursing a hangover, 50 Cent is ignoring your girl’s call five times at a video shoot with tricked out vehicles I don’t even know the names of. In his latest video for Chase The Paper, released last week, 50 brings out New York veterans Prodigy and Styles P, and New Orleans’ Kidd Kidd to explain to those who are a bit slow the other differences between you and them. Director Eif Rivera turns the chilling organs provided by Ty Fyffe into a hymnal about the sins of crossing these four emcees in the church of G-Unit. Don’t for a second think that 50 has lost his muscle, figuratively or literally, since becoming a business man. Chase The Paper will indeed appear on his upcoming LP, Animal Ambition, scheduled for release June 3.
Written by Bryan H on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.