50 Cent has been dropping bangers left and right lately; In the last four weeks and change, he’s blessed our pages with The Funeral, Hold On, Don’t Worry Bout It and Pilot, all of which earned above-average reviews from our readership. Rather than resting on his laurels, though, Curtis Jackson decided to squeeze one last single in before month’s end. This cut finds the G-Unit capo paying tribute to a woman who’s more intoxicating than a great big lungful of Smoke. I’m not sure whether the shawty in question will appreciate being compared to poisonous fumes; in all probability, though, she’ll be too busy vibing out to Dr. Dre and Dawaun Parker‘s catchy synth beat to take offense. Trey Songz enhances the record’s already-prodigious pop appeal with a smooth guest hook. Will 50 continue his trend of weekly releases all the way up to the June 3, arrival of his first indie full-length, Animal Ambition? We can only hope. Either way, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest on the highly-anticipated set.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.