A few years ago, Ab-Soul was rolling through the city streets with a Dub Sac in his bucket. Today, ain’t nothing changed—except he’s got a whole ounce of good weed, and he’s upgraded his whip to a Benz. The TDE signee’s first Booth feature since August’s reader-acclaimed Christopher DRONEr, this newly-released street single finds Ab celebrating his rising status in the game, and his skyrocketing standard of living, in witty, wordplay-laced verses. (Standout line: “I’m (in/en)lightening like Pikachu.”) Tae Beast and Dave “miyatola” Free join forces to craft a slow-rolling beat that’ll sound great in your ride, be it Benz or bucket. Dub Sac isn’t currently attached to a larger project, but those feeling it can watch our pages for all the latest from the West Coast phenom.
Written by richard on 10/25/13
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.