A few years ago, Ab-Soul was rolling through the city streets with a Dub Sac in his bucket. Today, ain’t nothing changed—except he’s got a whole ounce of good weed, and he’s upgraded his whip to a Benz. The TDE signee’s first Booth feature since August’s reader-acclaimed Christopher DRONEr, this newly-released street single finds Ab celebrating his rising status in the game, and his skyrocketing standard of living, in witty, wordplay-laced verses. (Standout line: “I’m (in/en)lightening like Pikachu.”) Tae Beast and Dave “miyatola” Free join forces to craft a slow-rolling beat that’ll sound great in your ride, be it Benz or bucket. Dub Sac isn’t currently attached to a larger project, but those feeling it can watch our pages for all the latest from the West Coast phenom.
Written by richard on 10/25/13
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.