Three months and change after the release of Allan Rayman‘s DJBooth-hosted debut project, H.O.H.W., our readers are undoubtedly getting hungry for some fresh tunes from the T-Dot emcee and singer. Today, he returns to give fans what they need in the form of promo single #14. On this laid-back, midtempo cut, producer Substance‘s breezy guitar riffs back Rayman as he rhymes about his dedication to the hustle and his laissez-faire approach to romance. Rather than showcasing his multiple talents separately, he combines them, employing an infectious delivery halfway between rapping and singing. This joint isn’t part of a larger set, but those feeling it can keep their browsers locked for the latest on his forthcoming, 2014-bound studio album. Rayman will be headlining his first show on Friday, November 1, at The Ballet in Toronto. Click here to purchase tickets to the event.
Written by richard on 10/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Ex" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.