Jersey and Mexico are kind of like Angelo Mota and sucker emcees: they don’t have a hell of a lot in common. On his latest single and first DJBooth feature, the unsigned rhymesayer flees from the former locale (his home turf) to the latter after murdering hip-hop, then makes the return trip with the federales on his tail. In between, he finds time to lace a mellow Raphael Ramosch and Jasmine Henry production with free-associative lyrical reflections on everything from religious faith to quitting cigs. Craving more? Mota’s forthcoming independent full-length, Good Life, currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Life (Intro)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.