Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In addition to being among the first dancehall artists to go international, Shabba Ranks is famous for his flashy outfits, typically involving an extensive array of gold accoutrements. A fellow admirer of element number 79 on the periodic table, A$AP Ferg channels the Kingston icon’s fly fashion sense, along with a dash of his vocal delivery, on his latest single selection. Over a booming, tension-fraught instrumental by Modern Outfit beatsmith Snugworth, the emcee busts out his best fake patois as he boasts about his wardrobe and his “coupe full of bad hoes.” A$AP capo Rocky guests, toasting his success and shouting-out the (myriad) women in his life on verse two. Fans will be able to find Shabba and many more bangers on RCA debut album Trap Lord, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, September 20.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Ferg’s Andrew Hines-directed Shabba visual.
Written by richard on 07/15/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.