Previously heard lending his flow to A$AP Rocky‘s R. Cali, West Coast up-and-comer A$ton Martin makes his first foray in the solo Booth spotlight with new single TLC. Don’t let this cut’s title fool you—it has nothing to do with the ‘90s R&B hitmakers, nor is it particularly tender or loving. On the contrary, lyrical aggression is the order of the day. V. Don‘s chopped strings and clattering hi-hats back A$ton, Flushing phenom Action Bronson and B.K. trio Flatbush ZOMBIES as they annihilate the competition in hard-hitting, tightly-wound verses. In case you’re wondering whether to take their bars personal, the headliner clears things up in his ad-libbed outro: “If you think I’m talkin’ to you, yeah I’m talkin’ to you. Step your brackets up, n**ga!” A$ton 3:16 is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.