Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Here’s a piece of advice: if you are a music buff, make sure you have a dope pair of headphones, because sometimes you’ll need them in order to truly hear a cut the way it was meant to be heard. Laws of the Gods, the first Booth feature from Audubon, is one of those songs. Don’t get me wrong; you can enjoy his raspy flow through just about any set of speakers, but in order to get the full effect of the track’s production and Camille Safiya‘s feathery guest vocals, headphones are essential. The Reason cooks up an intricate, hypnotizing beat full of subtle touches that, while not obvious, really establish the song’s ominous vibe, while Safiya provides some incredible vocal assistance, showcasing a twangy, entrancing style that adds to the record’s unique vibe. If you dig Laws of the Gods, be sure to check in to the Hotel Audubon when Audubon’s new album drops later this month.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Audubon’s Nelson Noel-directed Laws of the Gods visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.