Still sleeping on AWAR, after more than a dozen reader-acclaimed solo features from the NYC native? Then I advise you to get checked out by a neurologist, because you may be in a coma. New single Wake Up Call is unlikely to rouse someone from a persistent vegetative state, but listeners who are conscious will undoubtedly appreciate the hard-hitting bars AWAR unleashes over Vanderslice‘s sampled production, which comes complete with an adrenaline-pumping double-time hook. Fellow independent mic-murderer Freddie Gibbs showcases his masterful flows in a similarly aggressive guest 16. Fans will be able to find Wake Up Call, the previously-featured Cadillac Grills and much more on AWAR’s The Winning Team LP, out now.
Update: We have added the Golly Gee Visuals-directed visuals for AWAR’s Wake Up Call single.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Iron Butterfly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.