Update: A live performance visual of Beyoncé‘s Flawless (Remix) has been added.
I’m secure enough in my manhood to admit that Flawless was my favorite joint off Beyoncé‘s last album. I banged that sh*t at inappropriate volumes repeatedly. So before I even pressed play, I was worried the new official remix would simply be a Nicki Minaj verse tacked onto the original. I couldn’t have been more wrong. The original Hit-Boy beat gets a huge facelift, complete with a new Outkast SpottieOttieDopaliscious sample, and Beyoncé displays her rap skills once again on the opening verse, most notably dropping a Jay Z vs. Solange in an elevator reference. To close things out, recent Anaconda dropper Minaj grabs the mic for a sure-to-be-debated closer. I don’t know about the rest of y’all, but I woke up like this…
Written by Nathan S. on 10/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.