About three months ago, most of us were sitting at the table with our nearest and dearest, indulging in delicious food and expressing our gratitude for all of life’s blessings. Fast-forward to March 2011, and most of us are back to taking sh*t we have for granted, and lusting after what we lack. Here to rectify the situation are Blood Type, who gather a couple talented collaborators for an out-of-season, but nonetheless fresh Thanksgiving dinner (turkey not included). Scarecrow Beats set an appropriately chill, understated mood on the production tip, layering tuneful synths over a warm bassline as Chief and Stepson drop verses as lyrically sharp as they are positive-minded. Two freestyle series alumni assist on the guest tip: recent XXL Freshmen selection Kendrick Lamar laces verse two with some impressive lyrical imagery and Miami representative GhostWridah underlines the importance of drive and perseverance on the back. If this cut’s inspired you to count your blessings, get ready to add one more to the list: Blood Type’s latest street release, the DJBooth-sponsored Two Weeks Notice, is set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download next week!
Written by richard on 03/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Yung World" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.