In mid-March, B.o.B assisted his Canadian counterpart Classified by lending a collaborative hand on his latest single, Higher. Going back a little further, last fall, Bobby Ray lent a helping hand to Def Jam’s R&B sensation August Alsina, contributing a guest 16 to radio-ready single Numb. Clearly, the ATL native has been trying to tell us something: I’m “High as Hell.” In the song’s chorus, the now veteran artist tries to convince his audience that he ‘woke up in the morning’ to find himself in an altered state of mind. One look at the track’s feature accompaniment (oh, hello Wiz Khalifa), however, makes it rather hard to believe that B.o.B didn’t know what he was doing before going to bed the evening before. Fresh off the December release of studio album Underground Luxury, this self-produced street record has no current home on a larger body of work. Keep it locked to The DJBooth in the weeks ahead, though, to see if we finally Get It.
Written by DJ Z on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.