Brooklyn mainstay Buckshot is such a talented rhymesayer that even his interviews sound dope over a beat. Don’t believe me? Well, prepare to eat your words, because that’s exactly what happens on his latest single. Majors vs. Minors documents a debate between Buck and program director Ebro Darden that played out over the course of two 2013 interviews on Hot 97. Project collaborator P-Money mans the boards, slicing and dicing the interlocutors’ comments on the state of the music industry, and adding a dash of Auto-Tune. On the back, the emcee grabs the mic to send us off with an original, rapped verse. An unknown director’s visuals round out the package. BackPack Travels is slated to drop June 24, via Duck Down, at which point it will also be available for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/19/14
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go All Out ft. Carlitta Durand" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.