In an industry full of doves, Bun B and his clique are soaring like Eagles. On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, follow-up to the aptly-titled Fire, the UGK alumnus exhibits a level of flyness worthy of the Accipitridae family, and a marked disdain for his altitudinally-challenged peers. Flowing over Steve Below‘s imperious string/brass arrangement, he commands his competition, “Bow down and pay homage, or you’re finna feel the wrath, I promise.” Like what you’re hearing? This lofty jam is just one of many bangers to be found on Trill O.G.: The Epilogue, which is scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, November 12.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Don't Wanna Play ft. Bun B & Bad Seed" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.