Previously heard lending their boardwork to featured cuts by Rita Ora (R.I.P.) and Snoop Dogg (I Became a Snoop Dogg Millionaire), UK beat duo Chase & Status make their first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with new single Machine Gun. G.O.O.D. Music‘s Pusha T handles mic duties on this aggressive EDM cut, delivering trigger-happy bars over the headliners’ trunk-rattling percussion and eerie synth ambiance. In between verses, Chase & Status pull out the big guns, fortifying their syncopated groove with subterranean bass and stuttering synth blasts. For more bruising beats and high-quality guest bars, check out the duo’s Brand New Machine LP when it hits record stores and online retailers October 7.
Written by richard on 09/10/13
Submit your Rating
Mercury Records/Universal Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Count on Me" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.