Connecticut buzzmaker Chris Webby has weathered some stormy skies thus far in his journey to the top of the hip-hop game. Now, though, his fortunes have shifted and there are nothing but Blue Skies ahead (knock on wood). The follow-up to August’s reader-approved Down Right, this tenacious single finds the eOne signee celebrating his victory over long odds, backed by the sweeping, synth-laced production of AK. But don’t think for a second that his triumphs have made him complacent. On the back, he acknowledges, “Sh*t can change in a second, this game is do or die.” Complete with a fiery guest chorus by Long Island singer/songwriter/producer Anna Yvette, Blue Skies is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Webby’s HomeGrown EP, dropping digitally November 12.
Written by richard on 10/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.