Winter 2013-14 was one of Chicago’s most brutal in recent memory, but that didn’t stop Closed Sessions from inviting a few of their most talented connects to the studio on the coldest day of the year. Realer Than Most is the work of people who will brave below-zero temps and skin-flaying winds to make music, and it shows. Over OnGaud‘s unbelievably smooth, sax-laced boardwork, Mick Jenkins, Dally Auston, NoName Gypsy and Saba drop verses that leave no question about their passion for their craft. This cut is slated to appear on the Closed Sessions Vol. 3 compilation album, which has yet to receive a drop date. While you wait for further details, you can click here to peep a behind-the-scenes documentary on the creation of Realer Than Most.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Theme Music" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.