Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries came courtesy of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. Following on the heels of reader-acclaimed contributions from ANTHM and Rich Quick, the latest installment comes courtesy of Clyde Shankle, the Berkeley-based rap buzzmaker who brought us Foto. in mid-November. On The Marina, the CaliMade Records signee shares some tightly-wound reflections on his hustle, backed by the wavy original boardwork of Thayod Ausar. Shankle’s next project, the Aglet EP, is scheduled for digital release in January of next year. As always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 12/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Cut (Roll Up)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.