As just about any artist will tell you, the ways in which people f**k up are almost always more entertaining than what happens when they stick to the straight and narrow. And that goes double when the topic at hand is romantic infidelity. Premiered this morning via Rolling Stone, new mixtape single When I Woke Up finds Consequence walking us through the psychological fallout of an illicit affair over a smooth, sampled beat by The Produce Section. British singer Estelle laces the record with luxuriant hook and backing vocals, and Statik Selektah does his thing behind the wheels of steel. Movies on Demand 4 is scheduled for release “soon” via Cons’ own Band Camp Records, followed by his sophomore studio album, Start Your Own Business. Keep your browsers locked you-know-where for release details on both projects, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 12/11/12
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.