In an industry as crowded and cutthroat as the hip-hop game, it’s a minor miracle when a talented underground emcee is able to carve out a profitable niche without compromising his or her vision. On his latest promo single, Crooked I showcases the skills that enabled him to succeed Against All Odds, while excoriating peers who sold their souls on the way to the top. Snaz crafts a compulsively head-noddable string/keyboard beat to back the Long Beach mainstay as he delivers his fast-paced, aggressive verses. While this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, fans can hear more from the artist on his recently-released full-length, Apex Predator. Additionally, Crook and his Horseshoe G.A.N.G. crew have unleashed a brand new LP entitled Top Ramen N*gga.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Crooked I’s Bassel “Base” Naaman-directed Against All Odds visual.
Written by richard on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.