D’BANJ and his two guests, Big Sean and Snoop Lion, love green. No, not the kind you smoke, but the kind you use to buy stuff (although I know Snoop LOVES the first kind, too). Considering his love affair with making coin, it makes sense that D’BANJ titled his latest effort Blame It on the Money. The beat is quite unique; it blends a trap foundation with a slight Island vibe, as though it came from a Jamaican trap house. Atop the beat, Sean, Snoop and D’BANJ showcase diverse, yet complimentary styles; Sean is on the rapping side of the spectrum, BANJ on the reggae side, and Snoop is a healthy medium, bridging the gap between his collaborators. Blame It on the Money is part of D’s forthcoming D’ Kings Men LP, due out soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Scape Goat (Remix)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.