Here in the Booth, we are big baseball fans. OK, so maybe it’s just me, but still, the three-strike rule is in effect. With March’s Threatz and April’s N64, we have given you two chances to put Denzel Curry on your permenant radar. If you sleep on his latest effort, Denny Cascade, consider this your third strike. You’ll be out of luck when everyone else is talking about his forthcoming project, Nostalgic 64 (which will include the aforementioned cuts). On Denny Cascade, Curry showcases his more quirky, fun-loving side, spitting about taking hallucinogens and going to a strip club. The lyrical content might make you chuckle, but the artist’s staggered, yet crisp flow is no laughing matter; delivered over his and Freebase POSHstronaut‘s trippy boardwork, Curry’s bars make a strong impression. Be sure to snag Nostalgic 64 like a pop fly when it drops early next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.