Forgive me for stating the obvious, but each participant on DJ Kay Rich‘s latest effort, CA All Day, reps Cali… all day. In fact, I like to think of Fashawn, Problem, and C Plus as the new Beach Boys. Crazy, I know, but hear me out. They, like the surf rock group, have strong Cali roots, but their music transcends geographical restrictions and will have people from all regions vibing. Atop the boisterous production, three emcees from different lanes come together to create a cohesive Cali anthem. Fash (who has a tattoo of “CAL” on his hand) kicks off the tune with his cutting flow, followed by Problem and C-Plus’ similarly aggressive contributions, featuring copious references to all things Golden State—from weed, to women, to expensive whips. You can find CA All Day and many more West Coast bangers on Young California’s NCS Mixtape Vol. 2, out now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.