It’s not unheard of for couples who survive a few decades together to gather all their friends and family for a second ceremony and reception; renewing one’s vows brings back dope memories, allows you to reconnect with loved ones and, if you couldn’t afford an open bar when you were just starting out, it offers an opportunity to have the wild party that you missed out on the first time around. While this isn’t quite as widespread a practice when it comes to Bar Mitzvahs, that hasn’t stopped Drake from staging a repeat performance of the traditional Jewish passage into manhood on the official video for T-Minus-produced banger HYFR. The work of Toronto heavyweight Director X, this video shows Aubrey Graham partying alongside his old friends from synagogue, along with a few newer faces. One of the latter, Young Money boss Lil Wayne, begins his guest verse in a panda bear ski mask—a fashion choice heads across the net are already hotly debating. Now it’s your turn; are you feeling Drizzy’s latest single selection and video? How about Weezy’s choice of headwear? Whatever the case may be, you can still purchase your very own copy of Take Care wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 04/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.