Previously heard handling hook duties on featured joints by King Mez (The Allure) and Obie Trice (Spend the Day), Drey Skonie is back to make his solo DJBooth debut with new LP single My Lady. Nospeakerz and Prolyfic handle production on this sultry cut, layering atmospheric synths over handclap-fortified trap percussion as the Motown native serenades a woman he’s had his eye on. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned for further details on Skonie’s in-progress album, which will be Executive Produced by Prolyfic and frequent Lupe Fiasco collaborator Soundtrakk.
Written by richard on 09/12/13
Submit your Rating
Fly Nature Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spend the Day" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.