In our era of freely-available celebrity sex tapes, “Let’s make a movie,” has become one of rap’s favorite sexual overtures. On E-40‘s latest single, however, the Bay Area veteran employs a line more evocative of the small screen: “We can get freaky, have an Episode.” (Presumably we’re talking cable, so a little soft-core nudity isn’t out of the question.) In contrast to July’s grimy All My N**gas, this joint has a softer, more pop-oriented style, thanks to Disko Boogie‘s arpeggiated-synth boardwork and Chris Brown‘s hook vocals. Far from taking that as an excuse to slack on the mic, though, 40 Water delivers his freaky bars with characteristic speed and finesse. Complete with a suave second verse by T.I., this cut is just one of many bangers to be found on E-40’s forthcoming three-album set. The Block Brochure: Welcome to the Soil 4-6 is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/1/13
Submit your Rating
Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.