Now that he is a little older, Lil Jon has traded in his pimp cup for a good book, choosing to spend his nights at home instead of out at the club… psych! Today, the king of crunk shows he still reigns supreme over the club scene with his contributions to Ripped, the latest single from Bay Area mainstay E-40. With a chorus that sounds like it was recorded after a long night of partying and lyrics designed to be screamed at the club (“I hate being sober!” and, “Let’s drink like we ain’t gotta work tomorrow!” are just two of the many examples), Ripped will surely be a hit at your next shindig. Over a signature crunk beat from Jon, E-40, also no stranger to the club, keeps listeners intoxicated, showcasing a slurred, accented delivery that serves as a nice change of pace from Jon’s frenzied style. Ripped is set to appear on E-40’s forthcoming triple-album, The Block Brochure: Welcome to the Soil 4-6, due out in August.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/22/13
Submit your Rating
Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.