To paraphrase Little Orphan Annie and Jay Z, it’s a Hard Knock life out there in the streets. Through it all, though, EnVy Hunter remains determined to create music that knocks… hard. The Houston newcomer’s latest single most definitely fits that description. Here, G. Cal blends keyboard loops and downtempo percussion to craft a low-key, yet whip-ready backdrop for the headliner’s determination-drenched chronicles of the grind. Fellow H-Town repper Anti-Lilly, the emcee behind May’s reader-approved Clarissa (Used 2 Love Her), grabs the mic to deliver a laid-back closing 16. Feeling it? Then keep your browsers locked. Patiently Waiting currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talking Out My A$$" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.