Last we heard from Estelle, the UK soul songstress was expressing her deep and abiding feelings for her man on Till Tomorrow, a June 2013 single off volume one in her Love and Happiness EP series. The Home School/Atlantic signee’s latest feature, by contrast, finds her less concerned with eternal love than with getting off in the here and now. On Make Her Say (Beat It Up), the artist adopts a sultry spoken-word delivery as she instructs her man on how to please her between the sheets. An unknown beatsmith’s minimal production, incorporating tongue-click percussion and a variety of eclectic vocal samples, accompanies her bold and assertive come-ons. Feeling it? More awaits on Estelle’s Love & Happiness Vol. 3: How Stella Got Her Groove Back EP, dropping at an as-yet undetermined date in the near future.
Written by richard on 02/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait A Minute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.