There are Pools Full Of Women out there who can really sing, but picking out the seldom few that have an extra special “something” is a skill every label A&R must possess. Clearly, Last Kings Music has this trade craft, as Tyga’s indie label boasts the ever-talented Esty on their roster. On this, her second Booth appearance, Esty proves why she deserves the support of both Last Kings and you, her prospective new fans. With Jess Jackson’s ambient, shrouded production and a powerful yet feathery style, Esty’s sound will draw some comparisons to The Weeknd. However, her striking, passionate vocals give the song a pop-driven flair, resulting in a listening experience unlike any other. While you wait for the release of her Dark Room EP, why not check out her debut DJBooth feature, July’s Killing Your Ills?
Written by Lucas G. on 11/3/13
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Killing Your Ills" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.