Seattle indie-rock band Fences may not be a household name among hip-hop heads just yet, but new single Arrows is certainly gonna expand their reach. Not only because it’s dope, but also because it finds them joined on the guest tip by a Pacific Northwest neighbor and one of the biggest acts in contemporary rap. Ryan Lewis provides a bell-laced pop-rock beat to accompany frontman Christopher Mansfield as he sings about his strained relationship with a controlling father. Macklemore grabs the mic to spit some characteristically uplifting bars on the back end. Lesser Oceans is slated to hit record stores and online retailers October 14th. Pre-order the set on iTunes and receive instant downloads of Arrows and another LP inclusion, Songs About Angels.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.