Seattle indie-rock band Fences may not be a household name among hip-hop heads just yet, but new single Arrows is certainly gonna expand their reach. Not only because it’s dope, but also because it finds them joined on the guest tip by a Pacific Northwest neighbor and one of the biggest acts in contemporary rap. Ryan Lewis provides a bell-laced pop-rock beat to accompany frontman Christopher Mansfield as he sings about his strained relationship with a controlling father. Macklemore grabs the mic to spit some characteristically uplifting bars on the back end. Lesser Oceans is slated to hit record stores and online retailers October 14th. Pre-order the set on iTunes and receive instant downloads of Arrows and another LP inclusion, Songs About Angels.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.