From Shakespearean update Romeo+Juliet to Moulin Rouge, director Baz Luhrmann’s films have frequently incorporated musical and pop-cultural anachronisms. His upcoming adaptation of The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald’s famous literary depiction of the Roaring Twenties, will apparently be no exception to the rule. Freshly-released single A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) incorporates a number of elements that would be unfamiliar to Warren G. Harding-era listeners, including the dancefloor-scorching club boardwork of frequent LMFAO collaborator GoonRock and rapped bars by Tribe veteran Q-Tip. Black Eyed Peas frontwoman Fergie‘s brassy, jazz-influenced vocals, on the other hand, would sound considerably less out-of-place. Executive Produced by Jay-Z, the official soundtrack to The Great Gatsby will feature original tunes by Beyoncé, Gotye, Emeli Sandé and more, along with contributions from Hova himself. Watch for it to hit record stores and online retailers May 7.
Written by richard on 04/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Impacto (Remix) ft. Fergie" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.