If, as the cliché goes, there’s no rest for The Wicked, Flex The Antihero has a lot of long nights ahead of him. But he ain’t sweating it; on single number three off his forthcoming solo set, he simply shrugs his shoulders and says, “I guess I’ll sleep when I am dead.” Similar in theme to Starlito‘s Insomnia Addict, featured earlier today on our pages, this joint finds the Toronto repper spitting about the overtime hours he’s been racking up in pursuit of success in the hip-hop game. As on previous singles Medicated and Big Dreams, M Mac and Emerson Brooks double up to create the cut’s moody instrumental backdrop. Fresh off the Booth-exclusive release of his January EP, Indrid Cold, Allan Rayman contributes his sung vocals to the hook. Evan Ciniello and Abdul Malik direct the moody accompanying visuals. SALEM still lacks a drop date, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for further release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 02/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.