If, as the cliché goes, there’s no rest for The Wicked, Flex The Antihero has a lot of long nights ahead of him. But he ain’t sweating it; on single number three off his forthcoming solo set, he simply shrugs his shoulders and says, “I guess I’ll sleep when I am dead.” Similar in theme to Starlito‘s Insomnia Addict, featured earlier today on our pages, this joint finds the Toronto repper spitting about the overtime hours he’s been racking up in pursuit of success in the hip-hop game. As on previous singles Medicated and Big Dreams, M Mac and Emerson Brooks double up to create the cut’s moody instrumental backdrop. Fresh off the Booth-exclusive release of his January EP, Indrid Cold, Allan Rayman contributes his sung vocals to the hook. Evan Ciniello and Abdul Malik direct the moody accompanying visuals. SALEM still lacks a drop date, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for further release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 02/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.