If, as the cliché goes, there’s no rest for The Wicked, Flex The Antihero has a lot of long nights ahead of him. But he ain’t sweating it; on single number three off his forthcoming solo set, he simply shrugs his shoulders and says, “I guess I’ll sleep when I am dead.” Similar in theme to Starlito‘s Insomnia Addict, featured earlier today on our pages, this joint finds the Toronto repper spitting about the overtime hours he’s been racking up in pursuit of success in the hip-hop game. As on previous singles Medicated and Big Dreams, M Mac and Emerson Brooks double up to create the cut’s moody instrumental backdrop. Fresh off the Booth-exclusive release of his January EP, Indrid Cold, Allan Rayman contributes his sung vocals to the hook. Evan Ciniello and Abdul Malik direct the moody accompanying visuals. SALEM still lacks a drop date, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for further release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 02/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.