Guess what, readers: I just vibed out to a new single from Fredo Santana, featuring guest bars from none other than Kendrick Lamar. You Jealous? Well don’t be, because the cut’s now available in the Booth for your listening pleasure. Part of the GBE affiliate’s latest street album, this joint opens on a masterful guest 16 from the aforementioned Compton phenom. Rather than trying to outrhyme K. Dot—a virtual impossibility—Fredo stays in his own lane, switching between bellowed bars and a queasy, Auto-tuned delivery. 808 Mafia serves up a syrupy-slow synth/percussion beat to accompany the collaborators’ verses. Fans can find Jealous and many more fresh cuts on the Windy City native’s Trappin’ Aint Dead LP, set for release soon.
Written by richard on 10/31/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.