If you’re an avid weed-smoker, chances are you can already taste that 4/20 kush. Hell, maybe you are already tasting it – why put off till tomorrow what you can smoke today and tomorrow? Either way, the latest feature from Memphis crew Freesol, making its world premiere here in the Booth, should be the perfect soundtrack for your next blunt session. DJ Charlie White‘s upbeat yet fittingly mellow blend of string samples, loping percussion and guitar harmonics sets the mood as frontman Free (a freestyle series alumnus) drops some knowledge your D.A.R.E. instructor didn’t tell you: “Weed is not a gateway, b*tch I do it everyday / Everything they told me and tell you is just irrelevant, cause it doesn’t matter – it’s your life, to hell with it!” To complete the blunted vibe, Charlie White laces the hook with classic samples from Snoop and Dre (Smoke Weed Every Day), Das EFX (Real Hip Hop) and other eminent weed fanatics. This smokers’ anthem isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest from FreeSol!
Written by richard on 04/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Before You Slip" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.