What’s behind the sky-high Numbers Freeway boasted of racking up on his last single? Simple: when other rappers are still snoozing, he’s already out getting that dough. Premiered during a recent visit to Shade 45’s Sway in the Morning, this swaggering street banger finds heavyweight producer Just Blaze delivering a simple, yet addictive organ/vocal-sample groove as Free extols the benefits, financial and otherwise, of being awake and hustling Early in the AM. Like what you’re hearing? You can find this time-conscious cut and much more where it came from on Diamond in the Ruff, due out November 27, via Babygrande. Click here to pre-order the album on iTunes! In the meantime, fans who haven’t already can still cop the latest entry in The DJBooth’s own Re-Produced series, based around Freeway’s We Up.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.